Old 13-03-2004, 04:50 PM
WilcoxSE

Default filter question

Hi folks,
I have a filter question;

I have a Pondmaster Pump (2400) with in pond filters but want to change over
to an out of pond filtration system like the Fish Mate pressurized uv+bio
pond filter. I nboticed however that many of the out of pond filters have
limitations on the max gph flow rate. Because my pump has to pump water from
about a 3ft depth, would that decrease the actual gph flow to a suitable gph
to use with many of these filters? Im a bit confused....
thanks,
scott

Old 13-03-2004, 05:49 PM
joe

Pump head is measured from the surface of the water. In other words, if the
pump is two feet below the surface, you don't count that two feet as part of
the head.

Joe