Old 17-03-2004, 01:56 AM
Coffee

Default new pictures

I do not have a home page so I posted a few pics on Webshots Community if
anyone wants to see. The pond is 12yrs old and so are the fish.
The filter is in the waterfall. I've been on the group here for yrs but
never had a chance to show my little piece of Heaven!! My yard!!

Patty

Old 17-03-2004, 04:07 AM
Ka30P

Hi Patty,
Do you have a link to the Webshots page? ;-)

kathy :-)
Old 17-03-2004, 04:08 AM
Coffee

yes;
http://community.webshots.com/user/pbrown321

Pat

Old 17-03-2004, 04:42 AM
Ka30P

wow!
That is some garden!!
And pond and everything ;-)

kathy :-)
Old 17-03-2004, 01:29 PM
REBEL JOE

Wow your husband did a great job on that arbor your pond looks so nice

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 17-03-2004, 02:08 PM
REBEL JOE

Old 17-03-2004, 02:21 PM
REBEL JOE

Old 17-03-2004, 03:36 PM
Hank

WOW! Looks like a great place to relax and get away from it all.
Beautiful!

--
some photos of my little puddle
http://community.webshots.com/user/hankpage1
news

Old 18-03-2004, 09:34 AM
Pond Newbie

That is beautiful! What a lovely garden.

I love the arbor. Did you get plans for that or did he design it himself?

DeAnna
--
http://lamb.iswiz.com/pond.php
If you remember that I prefer my spam without cheese-

Old 18-03-2004, 09:34 AM
Coffee

My husband just winged it!! He's a boilermaker by trade but loves to do
this stuff. The yard has NO GRASS its entirely done in wood. Love not having
to cut the grass. The ponds mine--he stays away. Everything was done by hand
even the digging of the pond--its 4 1/2 ft deep on one end and a shallow end
of 3ft under the bridge. It is about 22 ft long and 14ft at the widest
point. When we go on vacation its just out the front door!!
Patty

Old 18-03-2004, 11:08 PM
Pond Newbie

That is the kind of vacation I would enjoy.

When we bought our house, we chose to move away from the large city where we both work. We
moved almost an hour away from work (32 miles plus shuttle bus ride and clearing
security-I work at the airport, and about 45 miles for him, but partly through the city)
because we wanted to be out in the woods. We are surrounded by stately pine trees (which
are pollinating right now ... *sneeze* *sniffle* *cough*) and behind us is nothing but
ranch land, partially wooded. We have owls whose eerie calls float on the soft, warm night
breezes, and hawks, whose piercing screams punctuate the beautiful, sunny days. I have
visions of a stream that runs from the top of the hill, through a few waterfalls, and into
my tiny pond (which I am sure will get bigger as times goes on). It is so nice to come
home after a hectic, stressful day, and have just the sight of the gentle waterfall into
the pond, gently lit by the soft landscape lighting, melt the stress and tension away.
Every time I come home, it is like a mini-vacation.

I am going to show your arbor to my hubby. I am envisioning something like that but with a
gate at the back, backed up to the fence between ours and our neighbors yard, where they
can come through the arbor into the garden surrounding the pond.

Your husband did a fantastic job!

Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures.

DeAnna