Old 29-03-2004, 07:04 AM
ttalbls

Default Pump enclosure ideas?

I have a Sequence external pump that is going to be below ground level.
There is a Sequence priming pot on the intake side and I have rotated the
disharge so it exits parallel to the gound. A couple of questions:

What type of boxes or enclosures are people using?
Should the priming pot be inside or outside of the pump box?

Any hints/tips/tricks would be greatl appreciated.

Thanks

Old 29-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Lee B.

This guy has a very detailed photo journal regarding his project, including
the best details I've seen for pump houses and rock collars around the edge
of the pond. The pump housing begins at the end of Page 3 . . .

http://hacnp.20megsfree.com/index.html

In a pinch, you can use a Rubbermaid tote dug into the ground. It's best if
you have a pit with a foot or so of gravel, then the tote (with holes
drilled to let out any seepage).

Good luck.
Lee

Old 30-03-2004, 01:33 AM
RichToyBox

I would try to set it up with the priming pot outside the enclosure. The
pump needs to be protected from the rain, but doesn't require
daily/weekly/monthly service. The priming pot has a strainer in it that
catches debris to keep it from fouling the pump, and this must be cleaned
when necessary.
--
RichToyBox