GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   marginals (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/57207-marginals.html)

J.D. Stone 29-03-2004 02:42 PM

marginals

Anyone have any recommendations for normal potted plants (like available at
home depot) that would work good as marginals (shallow, always wet, not too
tall)? Trying a new bog filter type and looking for plants, now.

--
J.D. Stone
http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone/

Ka30P 29-03-2004 04:43 PM

marginals

Creeping jenny likes wet soil.

kathy :-)

J.D. Stone 30-03-2004 12:43 AM

marginals

Thanks, Kathy.

jammer 30-03-2004 04:35 AM

marginals

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:14:30 -0600, "J.D. Stone"
wrote:

Thanks, Kathy.

"Ka30P" wrote in message

Creeping jenny likes wet soil.

kathy :-)

I am actually looking for creeping jenny right now. The walmart guy
just blinked and said "uh, no" when i asked if they ever had any. Then
i found a place called The Flower Ranch out in nowhere and the guys
didnt speak any english. I might look for some online.

[email protected] 30-03-2004 01:33 PM

marginals

ahhh.. I got that in my veggie filter too. Ingrid

jammer wrote:

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:14:30 -0600, "J.D. Stone"
wrote:

Thanks, Kathy.

"Ka30P" wrote in message

Creeping jenny likes wet soil.

kathy :-)

I am actually looking for creeping jenny right now. The walmart guy
just blinked and said "uh, no" when i asked if they ever had any. Then
i found a place called The Flower Ranch out in nowhere and the guys
didnt speak any english. I might look for some online.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Mistatee 06-04-2004 09:23 PM

marginals

"J.D. Stone" wrote in message
Anyone have any recommendations for normal potted plants (like available

at
home depot) that would work good as marginals (shallow, always wet, not

too
tall)? Trying a new bog filter type and looking for plants, now.

--
J.D. Stone
http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone/

I have a Hosta in my pond, been coming back for years now.
May only be certain varieties that like being permanently saturated.

I have no idea what variety mine is........ anyone know.
Click "Hosta" link on page for better view.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve.thomas4/MyPond.html

Steve

---

Offbreed 06-04-2004 09:23 PM

marginals

Mistatee wrote:

I have a Hosta in my pond, been coming back for years now.
May only be certain varieties that like being permanently saturated.

I understand that many plants don't mind having *some* of their roots
underwater, provided the water level does not change. Something about
two types of roots, one needs more oxygen than is normally in water.

This'd be something to experiment with as I really doubt anyone has
put together a list.

Sue Walsh 06-04-2004 09:28 PM

marginals

jammer wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:14:30 -0600, "J.D. Stone"
wrote:
I am actually looking for creeping jenny right now. I might look for some online.

Jammer,
I was at a site yesterday that has "creeping jenny", check it out.

http://store.watergardenweb.com/bogplants.html

Sue W