Old 29-03-2004, 02:42 PM
J.D. Stone

Default marginals

Anyone have any recommendations for normal potted plants (like available at
home depot) that would work good as marginals (shallow, always wet, not too
tall)? Trying a new bog filter type and looking for plants, now.

--
J.D. Stone
http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone/

Old 29-03-2004, 04:43 PM
Ka30P

Creeping jenny likes wet soil.

kathy :-)
Old 30-03-2004, 12:43 AM
J.D. Stone

Thanks, Kathy.

Old 30-03-2004, 04:35 AM
jammer

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:14:30 -0600, "J.D. Stone"
wrote:

Thanks, Kathy.

"Ka30P" wrote in message

Creeping jenny likes wet soil.

kathy :-)

I am actually looking for creeping jenny right now. The walmart guy
just blinked and said "uh, no" when i asked if they ever had any. Then
i found a place called The Flower Ranch out in nowhere and the guys
didnt speak any english. I might look for some online.

Old 30-03-2004, 01:33 PM

ahhh.. I got that in my veggie filter too. Ingrid

jammer wrote:

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:14:30 -0600, "J.D. Stone"
wrote:

Thanks, Kathy.

"Ka30P" wrote in message

Creeping jenny likes wet soil.

kathy :-)

I am actually looking for creeping jenny right now. The walmart guy
just blinked and said "uh, no" when i asked if they ever had any. Then
i found a place called The Flower Ranch out in nowhere and the guys
didnt speak any english. I might look for some online.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Mistatee

"J.D. Stone" wrote in message
Anyone have any recommendations for normal potted plants (like available

at
home depot) that would work good as marginals (shallow, always wet, not

too
tall)? Trying a new bog filter type and looking for plants, now.

--
J.D. Stone
http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone/

I have a Hosta in my pond, been coming back for years now.
May only be certain varieties that like being permanently saturated.

I have no idea what variety mine is........ anyone know.
Click "Hosta" link on page for better view.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve.thomas4/MyPond.html

Steve

---

Old 06-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Offbreed

Mistatee wrote:

I have a Hosta in my pond, been coming back for years now.
May only be certain varieties that like being permanently saturated.

I understand that many plants don't mind having *some* of their roots
underwater, provided the water level does not change. Something about
two types of roots, one needs more oxygen than is normally in water.

This'd be something to experiment with as I really doubt anyone has
put together a list.

Old 06-04-2004, 09:28 PM
Sue Walsh

jammer wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:14:30 -0600, "J.D. Stone"
wrote:
I am actually looking for creeping jenny right now. I might look for some online.

Jammer,
I was at a site yesterday that has "creeping jenny", check it out.

http://store.watergardenweb.com/bogplants.html

Sue W

Repotting marginals Elaine T Ponds 9 08-03-2005 04:54 PM
Racks for positioning marginals etc Roy Ponds 12 14-01-2005 11:21 PM
Racks for positioning marginals etc Roy Ponds 0 25-08-2004 02:46 AM
potting lilies and marginals pete Ponds 1 29-03-2004 11:43 PM
Birds destroying marginals Craig Cagle Ponds 7 02-06-2003 09:32 PM