Old 01-04-2004, 08:17 PM
SjT

Default Advice sought from Pond People

Thanks everyone, you have been very helpful, i'm really looking
forward to doing this now i've seen pictures of other ponds that
people have made on their own.

I'm not a very patient person, but, hopefully i can manage not to rush
it like i did previously and have something worthy to sit beside in
the sun

Thanks again.

--
Joe's Nunn out, out
Old 01-04-2004, 08:17 PM
Ben Nunn

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was SjT ), in message
who said:
Thanks everyone, you have been very helpful, i'm really looking
forward to doing this now i've seen pictures of other ponds that
people have made on their own.

I'm not a very patient person, but, hopefully i can manage not to rush
it like i did previously and have something worthy to sit beside in
the sun

You could always sit beside one us, Skyjam.

Think about it. You could suck us off while you were sitting there too.

BTN

Old 01-04-2004, 08:17 PM

here is how to set rocks to hide the liner edge and secure the liner
http://puregold.aquaria.net/mypond/etc/lineredge.gif

(SjT) wrote:

Thanks everyone, you have been very helpful, i'm really looking
forward to doing this now i've seen pictures of other ponds that
people have made on their own.

I'm not a very patient person, but, hopefully i can manage not to rush
it like i did previously and have something worthy to sit beside in
the sun

Thanks again.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 01-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Joe Horowitz

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message

"Ben Nunn" wrote in message
You could always sit beside one us, Skyjam.

Think about it. You could suck us off while you were sitting there too.

Instant El Plonko.

That's a shame. Benign vanilla is Ben's favouritest thing in the whole world.

Joe
--
PUSSY! (Marc of respect)

Old 01-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Strawberry

On the Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:24:43 GMT, SjT uttered forth the following...
And how to stop the lining from creasing? (Does this affect the amount
of blanket weed if more creases are evident?)

Buy some Barley straw from your local aquatic centre and chuck a bag
into your pond. The water won't go green and it kills off the blanket
weed. As the straw rots it gives off bacteria that eat the blanket weed
etc.

Old 01-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Wayne

BV, he/she keeps changing the addy but if you check the message properties,
one and the same. Just another loser! Rather than a PLONK, I'm just going
to ignore him from now on.

Old 01-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Ka30P

Wayne wrote
Rather than a PLONK, I'm just going

to ignore him from now on.

Wayne, I searched my pond references and found a tried and true remedy for pond
trolls ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Troll! We have a troll in the pond!
(apologies to Ms. Rowling ;-)
Quick, break out the emergency kit!

First isolate the troll to the filter,
get your fish net and your cattle prod.
Gently prod the troll in his nether
regions (for some reason pond trolls
are always male and the nether region
prod is always effective).
Apply the maximum electrical charge
to the prod.
The troll will then obligingly hop into
the net.
Ignore the howls that accompany the
electrical prod administration, (he deserves it).

Remove the troll, in the net, to an
isolation tank. Deposit in tank.
Remedies vary at this point. You
may choose the one that you feel
best fits your particular pond troll's
crimes:

1. Apply 100 pounds of pond salt and shrivel
the pond troll out of existence.
2. Apply triple the maximum dose of
potassium permanganate effectively nuking
the pond troll to the next dimension.
3. Apply several dozen leeches to the pond
troll thus depriving him of vital fluids. You will
have to dispose of empty pond troll skin but
it does well in the compost heap.

Good luck and good hunting!

kathy :-)
Old 01-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Steve H

While chewing away on uk.sport.football, "BenignVanilla"
dribbled :

message who said:
Thanks everyone, you have been very helpful, i'm really looking
forward to doing this now i've seen pictures of other ponds that
people have made on their own.

I'm not a very patient person, but, hopefully i can manage not to
rush it like i did previously and have something worthy to sit
beside in the sun

You could always sit beside one us, Skyjam.

Think about it. You could suck us off while you were sitting there
too.

Instant El Plonko.

Why? Seemed a perfectly reasonable comment.

--
Steve

Oztips League Cup Winners 2003/2004
Old 01-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Wayne

"Ka30P" wrote in message
Wayne wrote
[...]

Very good, Kathy. I got a big laugh out of your reply. Have a great day!

Old 01-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Ka30P

Wayne wrote Very good, Kathy. I got a big laugh out of your reply. Have a
great day!

And I managed to avoid bill paying and doing battle with the insurance dragons
for a time.
Back at it...

kathy :-)