GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Water Celery Question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/57543-water-celery-question.html)

stricks760 01-04-2004 08:16 PM

Water Celery Question

Hi -

My water celery sits amongst the rocks of my waterfall. It grew long shoots
and bloomed with little white flowers - looked great.

Now the flower stalks are looking a little long in the tooth. Should I cut
it back, or just leave it alone?

Thanks!

Bonnie 01-04-2004 08:16 PM

Water Celery Question

stricks760 wrote:
Hi -

My water celery sits amongst the rocks of my waterfall. It grew long shoots
and bloomed with little white flowers - looked great.

Now the flower stalks are looking a little long in the tooth. Should I cut
it back, or just leave it alone?

Thanks!

You can trim it. I do mine regularly during the growing season.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Phyllis and Jim Hurley 01-04-2004 08:17 PM

Water Celery Question

I got mine from Bonnie. It grows like mad. I cut it back with a knife or
scissors...and just pull large amounts to make room for new growth. Don't
worry about the growth...trim.

Jim
ink.net...