GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dig date (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/58493-dig-date.html)

pmwebdesigns 08-04-2004 11:33 PM

Dig date

Hi Everyone!
Well I'm off of work tomorrow and all next week for spring break.
I start digging my hole in the morning.
15x15 and 4 ft deep.
I'm go put in two bottom drains with pipe boots that feed into a settlement
hole in back of the pond that I'm looking at being around 4ft deep and 3x6
long, then this will go into a veggie filter with filter mat back into the
pond.
I want to have a venturi in there also.
I am getting rather excited although I hate the thought of all that digging.
I'm go be one sore woman. It'll probably take a week to dig all that.
Priss
http://priss31.tripod.com/SmallPond.html

Sean Dinh 09-04-2004 07:33 AM

Dig date

Wow, that is a lot of digging. If you haven't done much physical activity
lately, you'll probably take a couple of days off after the 1st day.

I got tired just rearranging the garden to accommodate a new pond.

Jim and Phyllis Hurley 09-04-2004 02:03 PM

Dig date

Hi Priss,

You have courage and will have strong muscles.

Have you considered having a guy/gal with a backhoe do the heavy lifting for
you? Wouldn't cost all that much and it would be done in one morning. We
did that for our pond...16x22x2. It was really fast!

Jim

GaneaRowenna 09-04-2004 03:35 PM

Dig date

Subject: Dig date
From: Sean Dinh
Date: 4/8/2004 11:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time

I also dug my pond myself. It is 16X16X4. But I had so much fun doing it
myself that I am considering digging another pond. I wish you luck and hope
you can afford the chiropractic adjustements afterwards. lol
Shawn

Ka30P 09-04-2004 06:03 PM

Dig date

Aleve helps... ;-)

kathy :-)

jammer 11-04-2004 09:32 AM

Dig date

Same here, but my pond was small and i wanted to dig much more. Crazy
one, I am.

On 09 Apr 2004 14:11:54 GMT, (GaneaRowenna)

Just Me \Koi\ 11-04-2004 05:32 PM

Dig date

May I suggest that you take pictures of the process and the end? We love
pictures here!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Denise 11-04-2004 11:02 PM

Dig date

I can relate, Priss! The snow is FINALLY gone from my area and the
ground is workable so this past week I've been preparing the area I am
putting my new, bigger pond in. Had to tear out shrubs that were there
at least twenty years. The old chain saw came in handy for that.

I am going from a 65 gallon pond to a 220 one. That's the largest I have
space for. Talk about digging LOL. I ordered my pond from a local garden
center and it's supposed to arrive this Tuesday. Can't wait to get it in
and start landscaping :-)

Denise

http://community-2.webtv.net/mtcdrc2/MyFreshWaterFish/