Old 08-04-2004, 11:33 PM
pmwebdesigns

Default Dig date

Hi Everyone!
Well I'm off of work tomorrow and all next week for spring break.
I start digging my hole in the morning.
15x15 and 4 ft deep.
I'm go put in two bottom drains with pipe boots that feed into a settlement
hole in back of the pond that I'm looking at being around 4ft deep and 3x6
long, then this will go into a veggie filter with filter mat back into the
pond.
I want to have a venturi in there also.
I am getting rather excited although I hate the thought of all that digging.
I'm go be one sore woman. It'll probably take a week to dig all that.
Priss
http://priss31.tripod.com/SmallPond.html

Old 09-04-2004, 07:33 AM
Sean Dinh

Wow, that is a lot of digging. If you haven't done much physical activity
lately, you'll probably take a couple of days off after the 1st day.

I got tired just rearranging the garden to accommodate a new pond.

Old 09-04-2004, 02:03 PM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Hi Priss,

You have courage and will have strong muscles.

Have you considered having a guy/gal with a backhoe do the heavy lifting for
you? Wouldn't cost all that much and it would be done in one morning. We
did that for our pond...16x22x2. It was really fast!

Jim

Old 09-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Ka30P

Aleve helps... ;-)

kathy :-)
Old 11-04-2004, 05:32 PM
Just Me \Koi\

May I suggest that you take pictures of the process and the end? We love
pictures here!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 11-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Denise

I can relate, Priss! The snow is FINALLY gone from my area and the
ground is workable so this past week I've been preparing the area I am
putting my new, bigger pond in. Had to tear out shrubs that were there
at least twenty years. The old chain saw came in handy for that.

I am going from a 65 gallon pond to a 220 one. That's the largest I have
space for. Talk about digging LOL. I ordered my pond from a local garden
center and it's supposed to arrive this Tuesday. Can't wait to get it in
and start landscaping :-)

Denise

http://community-2.webtv.net/mtcdrc2/MyFreshWaterFish/