GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Award for a creative post: Anacharis by BV (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/58523-award-creative-post-re-anacharis-bv.html)

Jim and Phyllis Hurley 09-04-2004 02:03 PM

Award for a creative post: Anacharis by BV

Some one-liners are wonderful. BV's planting method is not a one-liner, but
it has surely captured the imagination of lots of ponders. It would seem
that whole ponds are going to be re--re-planted just to apply his method!
He should get an award for his creativity. I soberly propose a toast to his
creativity and herewith reproduce his post:

The (in-) famous post:

My planting method for Anacharis as follows...

1. Extend hand (assumes Anacharis firmly gripped in hand) over
pond surface
2. Drop Anacharis
3. Open Beer.

Jim

GaneaRowenna 09-04-2004 03:35 PM

Award for a creative post: Anacharis by BV

Subject: Award for a creative post: Anacharis by BV
From: "Jim and Phyllis Hurley"
Date: 4/9/2004 5:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time

I wonder if this will work as well when fertilizing water lilies? I will try
it this afternoon and let you all know.
Shawn

Ka30P 09-04-2004 05:33 PM

Award for a creative post: Anacharis by BV

Toast with the morning latte!

kathy :-)

Hank 10-04-2004 12:35 AM

Award for a creative post: Anacharis by BV

I'll drink to that ....... I have printed the post and distributed it
to my neighbors to explain the amount of beer bottles in my recycling
bins. (I plan on doing a lot of planting this summer)
Thanks BV for protecting my reputation. ........ Is it proper to
plant before noon? ;-}

Pond Newbie 10-04-2004 03:33 AM

Award for a creative post: Anacharis by BV

Here, here! *lifts ZiegenLight*

Is it time to plant more Anacharis?
;)

DeAnna
--
http://lamb.iswiz.com/pond.php
If you remember that I prefer my spam without cheese-

Sean Dinh 10-04-2004 04:32 AM

Award for a creative post: Anacharis by BV

No! I have to practice abstinence on Good Friday.

Ask again in a few hours, please?

~ jan JJsPond.us 11-04-2004 12:04 AM

Award for a creative post: Anacharis by BV

You realize that I've copied all your names down, so if you have sick fish
or sick ponds and have to run the WQ tests, I'm going to be quite
suspicious if the WQ is perfect. I expect though, with all that additional
anacharis, if it doesn't clog up the plumbing, you may have better WQ than
ever. ;o) ~ jan -- make mine an ice tea, no sugar

(Not a teetotaler, but a teAtotaler, y'all enjoy that horse pee for me.)
:o)))))))
~ jan (Do you know where your water quality is?)