Old 19-04-2004, 08:12 PM
Lara Hart

Default Adding a waterfall to existing swimming pool

Does anyone know how or have experience with adding a waterfall to an
already exisiting pool? My issue lies in how to do the plumbing so that the
water can spill into the pool and getting the pool water to the waterfall. I
know I must use a fountain pump, but would like some more advice. Thank you!

Lara

Old 20-04-2004, 05:04 AM
Jim

Does anyone know how or have experience with adding a waterfall to an
already exisiting pool? My issue lies in how to do the plumbing so that the
water can spill into the pool and getting the pool water to the waterfall.

My pool waterfall is plumbed like a return jet from the clean side of
the filter. I put in some base rocks, covered them with pond liner,
added a 3 foot section of slit 2 inch PVC, and covered it with rocks.
Here's a link to a picture..

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...47482540onEVBC

Jim
Zone 8a - Dallas, Texas
Pond, Veggie Filter, Pond Maintenance & Pond Tour Pics:
http://community.webshots.com/user/dallas75248
Old 20-04-2004, 06:03 AM
Jim

I know I must use a fountain pump

I didn't mention this in my previous reply, but do NOT use a
submersible pump in a swimming pool. Electricity and swimming pools is
not a good mix.....

Old 20-04-2004, 01:04 PM
matrix

You can buy preformed falls that are made for pools and ponds...plus
they don't weigh that much and come in small to very large sizes...
they have flat bottoms made to sit over your pools edge "with a lip"

...run a search for Talavera waterfalls.

Good luck!