Old 08-05-2004, 04:04 AM
~ Windsong ~

Default pollywogs

Some very sexy frogs left hundreds of pollywogs in one of my in-ground 150
gallon kiddy pools. They soon looked like they were getting a bit unhealthy
(not enough algae) so I tried feeding them some flakes and pellets. They
weren't too nuts about the softened pellets but went bouncers for the
flakes. They swim upside-down and suck them right in. The rosy-reds have
to move fast to get their share. I'm using rosy reds to keep the mosquito
larvae down this year.
--
-:¦:-
*.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-

Old 08-05-2004, 09:02 PM
jammer

Give them some boiled egg yolk. They love it.

Old 09-05-2004, 06:05 AM
~ Windsong ~

"jammer" wrote in message

Give them some boiled egg yolk. They love it.

Thanks for that great idea! I bet the rosy-reds would like it too. :-)
--
Carol....
"A closed mouth gathers no feet."

Old 09-05-2004, 12:04 PM
jammer

I boiled some lettuce, cooled it and threw it in there. (in the pond)
I wasn't standing upright yet before they started going at it. The
tads in the aquarium love flake goldfish food, boiled and cooled egg
yolk and boiled and cooled lettuce. The inside guys out of the same
egg batch are 4-5 times larger than the ones in the pond.

On Sat, 8 May 2004 23:46:21 -0500, "~ Windsong ~"
wrote:

"jammer" wrote in message
.. .

Give them some boiled egg yolk. They love it.

Thanks for that great idea! I bet the rosy-reds would like it too.

:-)