Old 10-05-2004, 02:05 AM
Gary Woods

Default Walter sighting

For anybody with a long enough memory:

Walter was just a mall pet shop koi, a couple of inches long and surely not
destined for any honors in life. But wife Pat thought he'd look "cute" in
a 60-gallon goldfish tank and brought him home. After a couple of years
and approaching a foot long, he went way past cute and was heading for a
starring role in a Japanese monster movie, so after consulting with a local
pond expert, Walter was netted into a big plastic bin and transported to
our 2/3 acre earth pond, home to a number of hardy water lilies in plastic
pails and an undetermined number of large mouth bass. It's been 4 years
now, and Walter swims around like he owns the joint. At close to 3 feet
long, I guess he does. At any rate, I saw him for the first time this year
a couple of days ago, arrogant as ever.
Pat was taken from me two years ago, but that fat koi is a reminder that
the rest of the world goes on regardless.

Peace,

Old 10-05-2004, 03:05 AM
Ka30P

Gary wrote Walter swims around like he owns the joint

kewl!
Lucky fish.

kathy :-)
Old 12-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Mosfunland

Thankyou for such a sweet fishtale, and for sharing a nice memory.

He probably does own the joint.....

Maureen

Walter Sighting! Gary Woods Ponds 3 11-04-2005 03:18 PM
1st snake sighting jOhN Texas 6 09-04-2004 03:33 AM
lone start tick sighting Joy in Durham North Carolina 3 16-06-2003 06:05 PM
lone star tick sighting Will Cook North Carolina 2 30-05-2003 11:08 PM
lone start tick sighting Joy in Durham North Carolina 8 29-05-2003 05:23 AM