GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   planting (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/61349-planting.html)

Destroyallx 15-05-2004 07:05 AM

planting

when planting lillys in a pond..whats the best way to do this when you have
a liner.. obviously with a container/pots. does the size of pot matter that
much?
im trying to gain more shade in my pond..whats a good way to do this,
using plants.. or whatever else works... naturally

RichToyBox 16-05-2004 04:07 AM

planting

When I plant lilies, I use the largest pot that I can find. I think mine
are about 16 or 18 inch diameter. Some use dishpans, which are probably
cheaper than the pots that I buy. Hardy lilies spread by the rhyzomes
spreading outward. They will over grow the pot within a year or two and
need to be repotted. If they become overcrowded the blooms will be smaller
and not as prolific.
--
RichToyBox