Old 15-05-2004, 07:05 AM
Destroyallx

Default planting

when planting lillys in a pond..whats the best way to do this when you have
a liner.. obviously with a container/pots. does the size of pot matter that
much?
im trying to gain more shade in my pond..whats a good way to do this,
using plants.. or whatever else works... naturally

Old 16-05-2004, 04:07 AM
RichToyBox

When I plant lilies, I use the largest pot that I can find. I think mine
are about 16 or 18 inch diameter. Some use dishpans, which are probably
cheaper than the pots that I buy. Hardy lilies spread by the rhyzomes
spreading outward. They will over grow the pot within a year or two and
need to be repotted. If they become overcrowded the blooms will be smaller
and not as prolific.
--
RichToyBox
"Destroyallx" wrote in message
when planting lillys in a pond..whats the best way to do this when you

have
a liner.. obviously with a container/pots. does the size of pot matter

that
much?
im trying to gain more shade in my pond..whats a good way to do this,
using plants.. or whatever else works... naturally

Question about planting grass (small patches) [email protected] Lawns 2 01-04-2003 06:20 PM
Planting Roses Cherylmdsharp Roses 2 31-03-2003 11:32 AM
Today Elinor has mostly been planting peas..... Chris French and Helen Johnson United Kingdom 8 26-03-2003 06:08 PM
Planting new rosemary bush/shrub Anita Blanchard Gardening 1 04-02-2003 09:16 PM
Tree Planting in Housing Colony Nitin Madhavan Gardening 0 26-01-2003 11:05 AM