Old 16-05-2004, 04:06 PM
matt

Default filter pump placement

hello,

we're looking to refurb our pond with something like the fluid art
system. a few questions:

1) how do you calculate the size of the liner you will need?
2) we've read that the filtration system should be at or below the
pond level. we plan to do a bottom drain and go 4ft deep. does the
entire unit need to be below the pond level? seems that for many,
this requirement for positioning their filtration ssytem would be
difficult for many people.

thanks.
Old 17-05-2004, 03:12 AM
RichToyBox

The filter does not need to be located below the pond level, but it does
make priming of the pump easier with gravity pushing water down to the pump.
Once the water is to the pump, the filter can be located above, below,
beside or distant from the pond.
--
RichToyBox
"matt" wrote in message
m...
hello,

we're looking to refurb our pond with something like the fluid art
system. a few questions:

1) how do you calculate the size of the liner you will need?
2) we've read that the filtration system should be at or below the
pond level. we plan to do a bottom drain and go 4ft deep. does the
entire unit need to be below the pond level? seems that for many,
this requirement for positioning their filtration ssytem would be
difficult for many people.

thanks.

Pool Pump Cover (was Swimming pool filter/pump question) Raymond Luxury-Yacht Lawns 0 15-05-2003 07:56 PM
Sprinkler Placement Evan Gardening 2 22-04-2003 07:20 AM
Sprinkler placement Evan Lawns 0 15-04-2003 02:08 AM
Placement of Compost Bin Adrian Jones United Kingdom 9 14-04-2003 09:20 AM
Activated charcoal placement Lee Brouillet Ponds 0 10-03-2003 05:33 PM