GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Vortex (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/62643-vortex.html)

Mark Mendell 29-05-2004 06:04 PM

Vortex

I have a 4500 gallon pond with a bead filter and pump well below the level
of the pond (in my basement). I would like to add a vortex, but would need
a pressurized one. Any experience or ideas out there?

Thanks,
Mark

RichToyBox 30-05-2004 03:07 AM

Vortex

The only pressurized vortex that I am familiar with is the Turbovortex. I
bought one, got two, used one and both are out of service. They are not
truly a vortex, use bioballs as a solids trap and have a backwash valve to
clean, but it doesn't do the job, so the balls have to be removed every week
or so and cleaned. I do not recommend, but if you want one, I have a new
one available.
--
RichToyBox

Steve J. Noll 30-05-2004 03:03 PM

Vortex

On Sat, 29 May 2004 11:48:25 -0500, "Mark Mendell"
wrote:

I have a 4500 gallon pond with a bead filter and pump well below the level
of the pond (in my basement). I would like to add a vortex, but would need
a pressurized one. Any experience or ideas out there?

Thanks,
Mark

I have no experience with these but I see Aquatic Eco-Systems sells
them:
http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/...ories/ssid/232

Steve J. Noll | Ventura California