Old 29-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Mark Mendell

Default Vortex

I have a 4500 gallon pond with a bead filter and pump well below the level
of the pond (in my basement). I would like to add a vortex, but would need
a pressurized one. Any experience or ideas out there?

Thanks,
Mark

Old 30-05-2004, 03:07 AM
RichToyBox

The only pressurized vortex that I am familiar with is the Turbovortex. I
bought one, got two, used one and both are out of service. They are not
truly a vortex, use bioballs as a solids trap and have a backwash valve to
clean, but it doesn't do the job, so the balls have to be removed every week
or so and cleaned. I do not recommend, but if you want one, I have a new
one available.
--
RichToyBox

Old 30-05-2004, 03:03 PM
Steve J. Noll

On Sat, 29 May 2004 11:48:25 -0500, "Mark Mendell"
wrote:

I have a 4500 gallon pond with a bead filter and pump well below the level
of the pond (in my basement). I would like to add a vortex, but would need
a pressurized one. Any experience or ideas out there?

Thanks,
Mark

I have no experience with these but I see Aquatic Eco-Systems sells
them:
http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/...ories/ssid/232

Steve J. Noll | Ventura California
| Glass Block Pond http://www.kissingfrogs.tv

Fluidart Turbo Vortex, any good?? R Brad Stamm Ponds 1 06-05-2003 12:32 PM
Plastic barrels, vortex and muck Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 0 06-05-2003 06:20 AM
help me with my vortex des Ponds 2 07-03-2003 02:58 AM
Vortex Settlement Chambers BenignVanilla Ponds (alternative) 3 05-02-2003 11:33 PM
Vortex Settlement Chambers BenignVanilla Ponds 4 05-02-2003 11:33 PM