Old 03-06-2004, 07:10 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default Toadlets

Are emerging from the pond and hopping around the yard. They are *so*
cute. About the size of the nail on my little finger. Not sure what
the neighbor on one side may think but we're sure enjoying them.

Toads and frogs are still busy making more so I suspect this will be
continuing for a while. No matter how many the shubunkin eat (there's a
nightly "feast" when the pond lights go on), there's always more. *smile*

I grabbed the digital camera this morning and took some quick pics of
toadlets on the water hyacinth and floating hearts but haven't pulled
the pics off the camera yet to upload them to my webshots site.
Hopefully this weekend, I'll be able to get out with the digital and the
35mm to take some more pics.

Susan
shsimko[@]duke[.]edu
Old 03-06-2004, 07:10 PM
Ka30P

Susan wrote pics of
toadlets on the water hyacinth and floating hearts

Looking forward to seeing them!

kathy :-)
Old 04-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Michael Shaffer

Susan H. Simko wrote:
Are emerging from the pond and hopping around the yard. They are *so*
cute. About the size of the nail on my little finger. Not sure what
the neighbor on one side may think but we're sure enjoying them.

Toads and frogs are still busy making more so I suspect this will be
continuing for a while. No matter how many the shubunkin eat (there's a
nightly "feast" when the pond lights go on), there's always more. *smile*

I grabbed the digital camera this morning and took some quick pics of
toadlets on the water hyacinth and floating hearts but haven't pulled
the pics off the camera yet to upload them to my webshots site.
Hopefully this weekend, I'll be able to get out with the digital and the
35mm to take some more pics.

Susan
shsimko[@]duke[.]edu

Here too. I can't walk on one side of the pond because they're everywhere.

Old 04-06-2004, 04:09 PM
Susan H. Simko

Michael Shaffer wrote:

Here too. I can't walk on one side of the pond because they're everywhere.

I know that feeling! *smile* I wanted to thin the dwarf water hyacinth
but didn't want to squash toadlets teeming around that side of the pond.
I guess they discovered the tunnel on that side through the rocks from
the pond to the outside world.

Susan
shsimko[@]duke[.]edu