GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My Amazing tadpole-- true short story+ a request (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/63229-my-amazing-tadpole-true-short-story-request.html)

WilsonKKW 08-06-2004 04:54 PM

My Amazing tadpole-- true short story+ a request

I bought a few tadpoles, had them in a tupperware bowl on kitchen table.I
wanted to watch them turn into frogs. 1 died:( another flipped himself out on
table. 8:00am we noticed. We didn't see were it was. My son cleaned the table
off at 10:00pm, found the tadpole still alive:). We were amazed. We then put
them in the pond.
Maybe he thought being on the kitchen table that he was dinner! LOL

Anyone know where I can buy frogs?

Mike Patterson 08-06-2004 04:57 PM

On 07 Jun 2004 14:41:23 GMT, (WilsonKKW) wrote:

I bought a few tadpoles, had them in a tupperware bowl on kitchen table.I
wanted to watch them turn into frogs. 1 died:( another flipped himself out on
table. 8:00am we noticed. We didn't see were it was. My son cleaned the table
off at 10:00pm, found the tadpole still alive:). We were amazed. We then put
them in the pond.
Maybe he thought being on the kitchen table that he was dinner! LOL

Anyone know where I can buy frogs?

Don't worry, the frogs -will- find you. It may take a little while,
but it will happen.

Down here in GA I had tadpoles within a week of putting the liner in
place. Even had a bullfrog for a little while, but he moved on.

Now I have so many frogs that sometimes sitting by the pond at night
hurts my ears.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."

Ka30P 08-06-2004 04:57 PM

My Amazing tadpole-- true short story+ a request

Any tadpoles you put into your pond will show up next year as frogs or toads in
love and you'll end up with more and more and more hoppers ;-)

Best bet is to find some pond friends who can give you eggs (jan supplies me
with Pacific Tree-Chorus frog eggs from bunches laid in her pond, a couple
minutes from my house).

kathy :-)

Gareee© 08-06-2004 04:58 PM

"Mike Patterson" wrote in message
On 07 Jun 2004 14:41:23 GMT, (WilsonKKW) wrote:

Don't worry, the frogs -will- find you. It may take a little while,
but it will happen.

I was gonna say the same thing! LOL! We had many of them in our old pond
here in NC.

Down here in GA I had tadpoles within a week of putting the liner in
place. Even had a bullfrog for a little while, but he moved on.

We just spotted some a few days ago, and just completed the pond a week
prior. Speedy little devils..

Now I have so many frogs that sometimes sitting by the pond at night
hurts my ears.

Maybe it'll drowned out all the birds here? ;)

--
Gareee©
Homepage: