Old 16-06-2004, 10:20 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Barley balls....

"Gareee©" wrote in message
snip
Well, after a HUGE storm, my pond in now a clay pool.. upside is, that is

no
longer looks green...

snip

Listen...I can take JMK poking fun at me.
I can handle k30a taking joy in my rainbow colored pond.
I can take Nedra using voodoo dolls to stop my four foot deep lotus success.
I can handle Ingrid's distain for my lack of belief in salt.

I CANNOT however...tolerate another clay pond on this group. I own the
cornered market on orange ponds, and will not...

Well OK, I can pass this gauntlet on to another PORG. *sniffle* But I need
it back in the spring.

BV.

Old 16-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Gareee©

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"Gareee©" wrote in message
snip
Well, after a HUGE storm, my pond in now a clay pool.. upside is, that

is
no
longer looks green...

snip

Listen...I can take JMK poking fun at me.
I can handle k30a taking joy in my rainbow colored pond.
I can take Nedra using voodoo dolls to stop my four foot deep lotus

success.
I can handle Ingrid's distain for my lack of belief in salt.

I CANNOT however...tolerate another clay pond on this group. I own the
cornered market on orange ponds, and will not...

Well OK, I can pass this gauntlet on to another PORG. *sniffle* But I need
it back in the spring.

I'd be happy to get the green back! We had JUST added two goldfish from
walmart 3 days before, and enjoyed seeing them merrily for all of 2 DAYS.

They MIGHT still be in there, but I'll be damned if we can see them.

I'm thinking of getting some cheescloth or such, and using the gargoyle
fountain as a "pump" for a makeshift filter.

I just hope the fish didn't move out in disgust!

Part of the problem was getting cheap gutter guards last year. The
collapsed, and the muck piled up in the gutters. when we got the GREAT
DELUGE the other day, the gutter convieniently overflow in a PERFECT spot to
wash clay and out new pine bark mulch into the pond.

I spent almost all of today cleaning the muck out of the gutters, and
putting *good* gutter guards in.

Course the hot sun on the roof turns it into a frying pan, and I burned my
leg on the friggin hot roof.

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

Marimo Balls, Moss Balls, Aegagropila linnaei, Cladophora aegagropila John Smith[_5_] Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 21-09-2008 08:30 PM
Barley balls.... Gareee© Ponds 8 09-06-2004 03:09 PM
Barley balls.... Gareee© Ponds 10 09-06-2004 02:09 PM
Barley balls.... Gareee© Ponds 11 08-06-2004 04:57 PM
Barley Cubes/balls Jan Ponds 3 14-04-2003 09:08 PM