Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2004, 03:12 AM
Greg Costanzo

Default The Bloom!

Well it happened..a few nice days of crystal clear water .... and
bam.... now i have a lovely algae bloom. I would like to get rid of
it some how -- so it looks like a "clean" pond but yet I'd also like
to make sure it's an ecosystem (balanced!!) so I'm hesitant to put in
a UV sterilizer to kill away all algae. My nitrate/nitrite levels are
low (0.1 mg/mL nitrite // under 5 mg/L nitrate); KH is about 50 ppm;
ammonia levels are well under 0.6 mg/L; and lastly, but what could be
the problem, my pH skyrocketed from last week being nearly 8.5 pushing
almost close to nine. I am currently lowering my pH to about 6.6 but
as you all probably know I have to do this 0.5 per day so I don't
stress my fish out (I only have two koi).

Should lowering my pH help out or what else can I do so i have clear
but natural water??? (natural meaning a healthy amount of algae not a
green mess!)

Thank you all... this google group thing is probably the best
invention anyone has come up with :-) take care!!

~ Greg

Julie's Mystery Rose DE BLOOM Shiva Roses 0 30-03-2003 05:44 AM
wysteria won't bloom Karen Corbin Gardening 3 23-02-2003 05:03 PM
First bloom: contest winner saki Roses 0 20-02-2003 09:51 AM
First bloom: contest winner Zphysics1 Roses 0 20-02-2003 03:15 AM
Zygopetalum mackayi bloom time? Caren Orchids 5 30-01-2003 10:45 PM