Old 03-07-2004, 04:03 PM
SVTKate

Default Howdy Folks! New to the group and ponds :ŹD

I really have no idea what the quality is.

It is whatever Mother Nature has provided.
I can tell you that it is clear as far down as you can see, to the algea
that is. The wildlife is thriving, for whatever that's worth.

I was really instrested in the Isralei Carp idea. The locals told me that
two of them should be able to keep the pond clear.

It's much too large to try to put pumps and filters on, that and it's quite
a ways down the hill from our home. I'll saya little over a hundred yards. I
think it would be cost prohibitive to run power down there, let alone the
bill to operate a pump and filter for that much water. Hubby says he figures
about 18,000 gallons ... if I remember correctly

Kate

s.com...