GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Perch for small pond (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/78486-perch-small-pond.html)

Nathan 07-07-2004 01:02 AM

Perch for small pond

Could I keep 2 perch in a very small 125 gallon pond or should I just
stick to goldfish. They would be the only fish in it.

David 07-07-2004 08:02 AM

Perch for small pond

Nathan wrote:

Could I keep 2 perch in a very small 125 gallon pond or should I just
stick to goldfish. They would be the only fish in it.

I suspect that your first problem could well be getting the perch. I tried
this spring to find a source for them and all enquiries to the trade drew a
blank.

George 07-07-2004 10:02 AM

Perch for small pond

If you do manage to get the perch, be wary. I kept mine in a very
small pond over the winter. When I did my spring clean, there was only
one. Very vicious fish.