Old 13-07-2004, 07:03 PM

Default wowow

http://www.rense.com/general54/postponed.htm

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 13-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Newbie Bill

I would appreciate it if you preceded such subject matter with "OT", so I
know not to waste my time. IMHO many have had enough of this type subject
matter in a ponds group. I really appreciate your ponds/fish advice.
Thanxx
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas
wrote in message
http://www.rense.com/general54/postponed.htm

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Old 29-07-2004, 02:44 PM
George

Default OT: Postining the Election? was wowow

"PlainBill" wrote in message
BV,

Who says Dubya is the one in charge? GOTCHA!!!

Seriously, IMHO, this was a story that got all blown out of
proportion. It APPEARS Tom Ridge asked several important questions -
Is their any plan to postpone the election in the event of a terrorist
attack? And should Congress pass a law permitting that?

Sadly, at least some congressmen seemed to be agreeable (which brings
up images of what happened in Germany 70 some years ago). Judging
from more recent reports, current plans are more in the order of 'How
do we conduct the election in case of a terrorist attack?'. And THAT
kind of planning is always in order.

But from the other hand, the freedom to ask such questions AND to go
totally overboard when they are asked are an important protection of
the Constitution.

PlainBill

I see no reason to postpone the election, certainly not because of terrorism.
The presidential election has never been postponed, not even during the civil
war.

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:12:49 -0400, "Benign Vanilla"
wrote:

wrote in message
http://www.rense.com/general54/postponed.htm

snip

I think this site is capatilizing on a story and propagating it improperly.
From what I understand, Al-Queda is planning an alleged attack in order to
disturb the election process, and Tom Ridge has suggested we should be
prepared for such an event, even if that means postponing the election if an
attack does occur.

I find it hard to believe they are seriously talking about postponing it
pre-emtively. Not even Dubya would be that crass.

BV.

He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression, for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will
reach to himself.
-Thomas Paine

Old 29-07-2004, 05:24 PM
PlainBill

Thank you, George. And does Dick agree with you?

GGG

PlainBill

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:44:44 -0400, " George"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

wrote in message
http://www.rense.com/general54/postponed.htm
snip

I think this site is capatilizing on a story and propagating it improperly.
From what I understand, Al-Queda is planning an alleged attack in order to

Old 29-07-2004, 05:33 PM
George

"PlainBill" wrote in message
Thank you, George. And does Dick agree with you?

GGG

PlainBill

Cheney? Who cares?

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:44:44 -0400, " George"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

wrote in message
http://www.rense.com/general54/postponed.htm
snip

I think this site is capatilizing on a story and propagating it improperly.
From what I understand, Al-Queda is planning an alleged attack in order to