Old 15-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Szpond

Default New UV question

We have been fighting "GREEN" water for 3 years now. Finally broke down and
bought a UV filter. Has been running for 12 hours now. Our pond is absolutely
FULL of foam. This normal? Does it mean the UV is working? Thanks, Cathy
Old 15-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Pinkpggy

Does it mean the UV is working?

I would say so. You didn't say what kind of filtering system you have, but I
would check it frequently and clean out any pre-filters as well.
Jan
"Our Pond" Page
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/index.html
Old 15-07-2004, 03:02 AM
RichToyBox

A pond full of foam usually means the fish have been enjoying themselves.
Look at the roots of the floaters and see if you see very small, clear eggs.
The uv shouldn't cause any foam. The only other cause of foam is too much
protein in the water.
--
RichToyBox

Old 15-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Go Fig

In article , Szpond
wrote:

We have been fighting "GREEN" water for 3 years now. Finally broke down and
bought a UV filter. Has been running for 12 hours now. Our pond is
absolutely
FULL of foam. This normal? Does it mean the UV is working? Thanks, Cathy

I think the 2 are not associated, I have never seen foam from UV, do
you have spawning fish ?

jay
Wed Jul 14, 2004