GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT First daughter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/79405-ot-first-daughter.html)

Jim and Phyllis Hurley 18-07-2004 08:03 PM

OT First daughter

For what it is worth, Phyllis and I just got back from the wedding of our
middle son (first of 'my three sons' to marry). I did the service in
Fairhope, AL. Fun to do. She is great so we are delighted to have our
first daughter (-in-law). They are off the Grand Cayman! Phyllis and I
will have to try that...call it a second honeymoon!

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Benign Vanilla 18-07-2004 09:03 PM

OT First daughter

"Jim and Phyllis Hurley" wrote in message
For what it is worth, Phyllis and I just got back from the wedding of our
middle son (first of 'my three sons' to marry). I did the service in
Fairhope, AL. Fun to do. She is great so we are delighted to have our
first daughter (-in-law). They are off the Grand Cayman! Phyllis and I
will have to try that...call it a second honeymoon!

snip

Grats. I hope to get two daughter in law's some day.

As for the canyon, that place is hard to leave. It must be one of the most
beautiful places I have been, probably #2.

BV.

Ka30P 18-07-2004 10:04 PM

OT First daughter

There was a time in my little brother's life when the only thing he had going
for him was the fact that someday I would get a sister-in-law.
And I did and she's wonderful.
And I got two darling nephews as a bonus.
(And darned if my little brother didn't greatly improve as he got older ;-)

kathy :-)
algae primer

San Diego Joe 19-07-2004 01:05 AM

OT First daughter

"Jim and Phyllis Hurley" wrote:

For what it is worth, Phyllis and I just got back from the wedding of our
middle son (first of 'my three sons' to marry). I did the service in
Fairhope, AL. Fun to do. She is great so we are delighted to have our
first daughter (-in-law). They are off the Grand Cayman! Phyllis and I
will have to try that...call it a second honeymoon!

Jim

Congrats! Please wish them all my best. Did you get them a starter pong as a
wedding gift?

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

PlainBill 19-07-2004 03:02 PM

OT First daughter

Jim,

I first went through a similar experience seven years ago. From
the perspective of that time, I tell you that the best is yet to come
- While our Daughter-inLaws are both wonderful , the real pleasure is
Grandchildren.

PlainBill

~ jan JJsPond.us 19-07-2004 05:09 PM

OT First daughter

Congratulations, especially to your wife. I know I'm looking forward to
having another female in this house of 3 sons. ~ jan