Old 21-07-2004, 09:05 PM
KSM

Default Help!

I just discovered that one of my larger fish has what appears to be a fungus
growing on both sides of him. It is greenish in color and covers almost 50%
of his sides.. The fish is not feeding and spending most of the time near
the surface, but at a correct attitude. Does any one have any idea what the
problem could be? Should I remove him from the other fish to prevent
spreading of what ever it is? And can I treat the entire pond with anti
parasite/antifungul agents (3500 gallons, about 75 fish) without fear of
harming the other fish? Thanks in advance, Bob

Old 22-07-2004, 08:07 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I can't get it to open for me right now, but I believe Puregold is he
http://puregold.aquaria.net It has a list of problems and diagnostics.
~ jan

Old 22-07-2004, 11:02 PM

http://www.mu.edu/~buxtoni/puregold/home.html
the other site is down again. this is the mirror

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

I can't get it to open for me right now, but I believe Puregold is he
http://puregold.aquaria.net It has a list of problems and diagnostics.
~ jan

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:11:18 GMT, "KSM" wrote:

I just discovered that one of my larger fish has what appears to be a fungus
growing on both sides of him. It is greenish in color and covers almost 50%
of his sides.. The fish is not feeding and spending most of the time near
the surface, but at a correct attitude. Does any one have any idea what the
problem could be? Should I remove him from the other fish to prevent
spreading of what ever it is? And can I treat the entire pond with anti
parasite/antifungul agents (3500 gallons, about 75 fish) without fear of
harming the other fish? Thanks in advance, Bob

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 22-07-2004, 11:02 PM

green is algae is secondary to bacterial infection which is secondary to thick slime
coat due to parasites or bad water. best is remove the fish to separate hospital
facility like a 100 gallon rubbermaid water tank.
http://www.mu.edu/~buxtoni/puregold/...m%20the%20pond
start with a salt dip, treat with PP or formalin. aerate the water really well
http://www.mu.edu/~buxtoni/puregold/disease/disease.htm
better to not treat the whole pond BUT
if any other fish have anything on em, then do treat. this one could be spawning
injuries. Ingrid

"KSM" wrote:

I just discovered that one of my larger fish has what appears to be a fungus
growing on both sides of him. It is greenish in color and covers almost 50%
of his sides.. The fish is not feeding and spending most of the time near
the surface, but at a correct attitude. Does any one have any idea what the
problem could be? Should I remove him from the other fish to prevent
spreading of what ever it is? And can I treat the entire pond with anti
parasite/antifungul agents (3500 gallons, about 75 fish) without fear of
harming the other fish? Thanks in advance, Bob

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM