GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tadpoles (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/79909-tadpoles.html)

ian.birtles 22-07-2004 02:02 PM

Tadpoles

I have got tadpoles in my pond thay have been in there since early may, its
now nearly august and thay dont seem to be developing but thay are getting
rather big will thay ever develope into frogs or just die off i havent got
any fish in the pond yet as i am still sorting out the top edges and if any
cement falls in could harm the fish.
I hope to start stocking next summer.

Ka30P 22-07-2004 07:29 PM

Tadpoles

Ian wrote thay dont seem to be developing but thay are getting rather big

Sounds like bullfrog tadpoles and they won't change until next year, they'll
winter over in the pond.

kathy :-)
algae primer

Benign Vanilla 22-07-2004 07:39 PM

Tadpoles

"Ka30P" wrote in message
Ian wrote thay dont seem to be developing but thay are getting rather

big

Sounds like bullfrog tadpoles and they won't change until next year,

they'll
winter over in the pond.

I have literally hundreds of tads. I have at least 5 or 6 bull tads too. I
am in trouble next year.

BV.

[email protected] 22-07-2004 11:02 PM

Tadpoles

In , on 07/22/04
at 12:40 PM, "Benign Vanilla"
said:

I have literally hundreds of tads. I have at least 5 or 6 bull tads too.
I am in trouble next year.

I'll take a couple spare green frogs off your hands. :)

Alan

** Please use address alanh77[at]comccast.net to reply via e-mail. **

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.1

Benign Vanilla 23-07-2004 02:04 PM

Tadpoles

wrote in message
ganews.com...
In , on 07/22/04
at 12:40 PM, "Benign Vanilla"
said:

I have literally hundreds of tads. I have at least 5 or 6 bull tads too.
I am in trouble next year.

I'll take a couple spare green frogs off your hands. :)

snip

You know that is the funniest part. A few months ago, we had green frogs
EVERYWHERE. Now we only see one, lefty the handicapped green frog.

BV.

tim chandler 26-07-2004 02:03 AM

Tadpoles

You may still encounter various invasive species of amphibians, including
the Bullfrog, Rana catesbiana, according to this page which may also help
you to identify what you have:

http://www.herpetofauna.co.uk/identification.htm#native

Happy Ponding,
Tim C.