Old 22-07-2004, 02:02 PM
ian.birtles

Default Tadpoles

I have got tadpoles in my pond thay have been in there since early may, its
now nearly august and thay dont seem to be developing but thay are getting
rather big will thay ever develope into frogs or just die off i havent got
any fish in the pond yet as i am still sorting out the top edges and if any
cement falls in could harm the fish.
I hope to start stocking next summer.

Old 22-07-2004, 07:29 PM
Ka30P

Ian wrote thay dont seem to be developing but thay are getting rather big

Sounds like bullfrog tadpoles and they won't change until next year, they'll
winter over in the pond.

kathy :-)
algae primer
Old 22-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Ka30P" wrote in message
Ian wrote thay dont seem to be developing but thay are getting rather

big

Sounds like bullfrog tadpoles and they won't change until next year,

they'll
winter over in the pond.

I have literally hundreds of tads. I have at least 5 or 6 bull tads too. I
am in trouble next year.

BV.

Old 22-07-2004, 11:02 PM

In , on 07/22/04
at 12:40 PM, "Benign Vanilla"
said:

I have literally hundreds of tads. I have at least 5 or 6 bull tads too.
I am in trouble next year.

I'll take a couple spare green frogs off your hands.

Alan

** Please use address alanh77[at]comccast.net to reply via e-mail. **

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.1

Old 23-07-2004, 02:04 PM
Benign Vanilla

wrote in message
ganews.com...
In , on 07/22/04
at 12:40 PM, "Benign Vanilla"
said:

I have literally hundreds of tads. I have at least 5 or 6 bull tads too.
I am in trouble next year.

I'll take a couple spare green frogs off your hands.

snip

You know that is the funniest part. A few months ago, we had green frogs
EVERYWHERE. Now we only see one, lefty the handicapped green frog.

BV.

Old 26-07-2004, 02:03 AM
tim chandler

You may still encounter various invasive species of amphibians, including
the Bullfrog, Rana catesbiana, according to this page which may also help
you to identify what you have:

http://www.herpetofauna.co.uk/identification.htm#native

Happy Ponding,
Tim C.

"ian.birtles" wrote in message
Sorry guys but i am in the U.K. we dont get bullfrogs but thanks for the
response

Do Shubunkin eat tadpoles? David W.E. Roberts Ponds 7 13-05-2003 06:08 PM
Do Shubunkin eat tadpoles? David W.E. Roberts Ponds (alternative) 11 13-05-2003 06:08 PM
Tadpoles, what to feed? K30a Ponds 2 06-05-2003 03:56 AM
Tadpoles eating my Water Lilys - Any suggestions? IKD Australia 7 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
Where the heck are the tadpoles? Sam Hopkins Ponds 1 28-03-2003 08:20 PM