Old 26-07-2004, 02:52 AM
Scott

Default Remote & Timed control of lights & pumps.

(Crashj) wrote in message . com...
(Scott) wrote in message . com...
I primarily work in the Landscape Lighting Industry but have recently
found myself working on many decorative ponds. I want to share a
unique and low cost way of controlling the lighting and pumps around
the pond. I use products from a company called X10 Pro
www.x10pro.com.

You forgot to mention the system can be computer controlled and is
available on eBay, too.

I have found it difficult to find a consistant source with a wide
variety of "X10 Pro" product on eBay. I mosly find the "X10
Powerhouse" line, which is X10's retail product. Most of the modules
in the Pro line have Automatic Gain Control. This greatly reduces the
problems with electrical noise on the line. This feature is not
available in the Powerhouse line. Plus the Pro line has the signal
amplifiers which I sometimes need for very long runs or above avg.
size homes. In addition, it has the two year warranty and is ready
for me to pick up when I go to my supplier for my other needs. The
computer control is neat. I use it primarily for its dusk/dawn
programability.
Old 26-07-2004, 04:03 AM
Scott

I primarily work in the Landscape Lighting Industry but have recently
found myself working on many decorative ponds. I want to share a
unique and low cost way of controlling the lighting and pumps around
the pond. I use products from a company called X10 Pro,
www.x10pro.com. They have a system that allows one to send signals
over the AC powerline of the residence. No new wiring is required!
This allows one to have an X10 controller in the house that sends a
signal to an X10 module outside that then turns on or off a light
and/or appliance. This can work with both low voltage and 120 v
lighting plus 120v pumps and even 240 v. Both remote and timed
control is available. The timer/controller costs about $35 and there
is a cost of about $18 for each electrical load I control. I get my
product from two local John Deere Landscapes supply houses. They both
have a working display in their showrooms. Have fun.