Old 26-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Newbie Bill

Default WH Seperation

Small Matter - I think I have mastered the BV method for planting WH. Now I
need some minor advice on detaching the tubes that develope from the mother
to the new plant. I have been just pinching it off from both ends. The new
plant often tends to list a bit as apparently the tube was stabalizing it.
I suspect they will right themselves but enough time has not passed to know.
As I said small matter.
Thanxx
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

Old 27-07-2004, 05:36 AM
Go Fig

In article , Newbie
Bill wrote:

Small Matter - I think I have mastered the BV method for planting WH. Now I
need some minor advice on detaching the tubes that develope from the mother
to the new plant. I have been just pinching it off from both ends. The new
plant often tends to list a bit as apparently the tube was stabalizing it.
I suspect they will right themselves but enough time has not passed to know.
As I said small matter.
Thanxx
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

They will be fine, but aren't they illegal in TX ?

jay
Wed Jul 21, 2004

Old 27-07-2004, 05:36 AM
Benign Vanilla

"Newbie Bill" wrote in message
om...
Small Matter - I think I have mastered the BV method for planting WH. Now

need some minor advice on detaching the tubes that develope from the

mother
to the new plant. I have been just pinching it off from both ends. The

new
plant often tends to list a bit as apparently the tube was stabalizing it.
I suspect they will right themselves but enough time has not passed to

know.
As I said small matter.

I tend to try and pinch the horizontal shoot off close to the larger plant.
I then leave it on the smaller plant to assist in preventing the listing.
Having said that, WH are very hearty. A little listing won't hurt 'em.

BV.

Old 27-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Newbie Bill

Illegal? Illegal? White Hawthorn are perfectly legal for all careful Texas
gardeners. Did you think I was talking about something else
Bill

Old 27-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Newbie Bill

Oh hush - Go back to watching your dragonflies or I drop some hydrilla in
your pond Ve hav ow waz Ralph.

"grubber" said Yup. Wild Bill is the criminal type.

Old 27-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Ka30P

A looooooong time ago on rec.ponds we had a thread about pond police coming
over the backyard fence dressed in swat gear ready to cart off all Texas
ponders to jail for having water hyacinth. So far it hasn't happened...

kathy :-)
algae primer
Old 28-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Newbie Bill

Thats interesting. Now what's this plant your talking about - Water
Hyacinth? Is that related to White Hawthorne. If not I'm sure I know not
of what you speak.
Bill

Old 28-07-2004, 05:15 AM
Ka30P

Pond Police are famous for saying 'ignorance of the law is no defense'... but
tell your neighbor
(oh, that's BV's neighbor) that you'll adopt his fish and plants when he's in
jail and all will be well.

kathy :-)
algae primer