GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Oxygen-poor sea may spark spate of shark bites (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/81251-re-oxygen-poor-sea-may-spark-spate-shark-bites.html)

SVTKate 06-08-2004 06:30 AM

Oxygen-poor sea may spark spate of shark bites

Man, that is just horrible.
I think the thing that comes to mind the most is that they are doing nothing
to stop the pollution.

I wonder how many former US companies are contributing to the problem.

Kate

Karen 07-08-2004 02:52 AM

Oxygen-poor sea may spark spate of shark bites

In article et, "SVTKate"
writes:

I think the thing that comes to mind the most is that they are doing nothing
to stop the pollution.

I wonder how many former US companies are contributing to the problem.

Kate

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message
| HOUSTON - A huge "dead zone" of water so devoid of oxygen that sea life
| cannot live in it has spread across 5,800 square miles (15,000 square
| kilometers) of the Gulf of Mexico this summer, in what has become an
annual
| occurrence caused by pollution.

the worst part is that there are several large sanctuaries down there Padre
Island coming to mind. a lot of the pollution is coming from the Mexican side
of the Rio Grande and don't forget all those platform wells out in the gulf off
Louisiana.

when I lived in Houston, there were days Galveston Beach was so bad you
couldn't swim in it.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

Karen 07-08-2004 02:52 AM

Theoldballpark 07-08-2004 03:17 PM

I live 30 miles from Galveston and haven't been down there in 14 years! Nasty
water-nuff said. Laura

Theoldballpark 07-08-2004 03:17 PM

Theoldballpark 07-08-2004 03:17 PM

jjp 09-08-2004 08:04 PM

Oxygen-poor sea may spark spate of shark bites

(Karen) wrote in message ...
In article et, "SVTKate"
writes:

I think the thing that comes to mind the most is that they are doing nothing
to stop the pollution.

I wonder how many former US companies are contributing to the problem.

Kate

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message
| HOUSTON - A huge "dead zone" of water so devoid of oxygen that sea life
| cannot live in it has spread across 5,800 square miles (15,000 square
| kilometers) of the Gulf of Mexico this summer, in what has become an

annual
| occurrence caused by pollution.

the worst part is that there are several large sanctuaries down there Padre
Island coming to mind. a lot of the pollution is coming from the Mexican side
of the Rio Grande and don't forget all those platform wells out in the gulf off
Louisiana.

when I lived in Houston, there were days Galveston Beach was so bad you
couldn't swim in it.

Apparently, Galveston is a lot nicer now than it was in the past.

Except for the sharks, which have migrated there to escape the
pollution of the dead zone off coastal Louisiana...