Old 04-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Mostyn

Default Advice Needed

I just require a little advice.
I was just wondering which type of pump would be best.

1/ A pump that sits on the bottom of the pond and pipes going upto a filer
and returns back.

2/ Or a pump that sits in a pump house out side the pond and pipes run from
the pond through the pump then into a filter & uv light & back to the pond.

does anyone have any comments as to which one would be the best.
Thanks
Mostyn

Old 04-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Crashj

"Mostyn" wrote in message
I just require a little advice.
I was just wondering which type of pump would be best.

That is not a 'little advice' ;-)
Before the rest of the group wakes up and starts posting, you might want to
post more info on your [planned?] pond.
How big, plants only or plants and fish, where are you geographically, where
is the pond relative to buildings and trees.
You see where I am going with this?
This is because size matters. A small pump can be installed in the water but
a big unit is more like a swimming pool and would be external.
--
Crashj "just what I think I have learned here" Johnson

advice needed for spring cleaning ande Ponds 4 22-05-2003 07:44 AM
Grapefruit tree advice needed David Shalita Edible Gardening 0 01-05-2003 04:08 AM
Plant Newbie Advice Needed Frank Mamone Freshwater Aquaria Plants 10 27-02-2003 01:53 PM
Expert advice needed Theo Bonsai 1 25-02-2003 04:15 PM
Punica :Expert advice needed Theo Bonsai 0 24-02-2003 08:00 PM