Old 11-08-2004, 08:52 PM
Gareee©

Default Peace Lillies doing well in our pond...

Just wanted to pass this along.. we got 3 peace lillies this year, around
easter time. You rinse off the roots, and thenwrap them around a rock or
something heavy, so they don't float.

Put them in the pond so the leaves stick out, and you should get blooms
within a few months.

I was told this, and 2 of the 3 in our pond have flowers now, and the third
still looks very healthy.

Supposedly, they are hardy, and survive winter with no problems.

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

Old 12-08-2004, 12:32 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I've never tried them in the pond, but they are excellent for an indoor
ponsai too. ) ~ jan

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:52:57 -0400, "Gareee©" wrote:

Just wanted to pass this along.. we got 3 peace lillies this year, around
easter time. You rinse off the roots, and thenwrap them around a rock or
something heavy, so they don't float.

Put them in the pond so the leaves stick out, and you should get blooms
within a few months.

I was told this, and 2 of the 3 in our pond have flowers now, and the third
still looks very healthy.

Supposedly, they are hardy, and survive winter with no problems.

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 12-08-2004, 02:38 AM
~ Windsong ~

"Gareee©" wrote in message
Just wanted to pass this along.. we got 3 peace lillies this year, around
easter time. You rinse off the roots, and thenwrap them around a rock or
something heavy, so they don't float.

Put them in the pond so the leaves stick out, and you should get blooms
within a few months.

I was told this, and 2 of the 3 in our pond have flowers now, and the

third
still looks very healthy.

Supposedly, they are hardy, and survive winter with no problems.

=====================================
If they're the typical Spathiphyllums or Peach Lilies they are NOT hardy.
The first frost will kill them.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder.
"All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."

Old 12-08-2004, 04:01 AM
Gareee©

"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message

"Gareee©" wrote in message
Just wanted to pass this along.. we got 3 peace lillies this year,

around
easter time. You rinse off the roots, and thenwrap them around a rock or
something heavy, so they don't float.

Put them in the pond so the leaves stick out, and you should get blooms
within a few months.

I was told this, and 2 of the 3 in our pond have flowers now, and the

third
still looks very healthy.

Supposedly, they are hardy, and survive winter with no problems.

=====================================
If they're the typical Spathiphyllums or Peach Lilies they are NOT hardy.
The first frost will kill them.

The guy at Wal-Mart says his mom planted some a few years ago, and they
still have them. (Waynesville NC.) Mine have dark green leaves,and white
flowers.

--
Gareee© (Gareee "at" Charter "dot" net)

Old 13-08-2004, 03:12 AM
~ Windsong ~

"Gareee©" wrote in message
The guy at Wal-Mart says his mom planted some a few years ago, and they
still have them. (Waynesville NC.) Mine have dark green leaves,and white
flowers.

==============================
I have no idea what the climate is in Waynesville NC. I do know these are
tropical plants and can't tolerate frost. I'm sure you can find information
on them on the net.

Hint: Be careful whose advice you take at Wal-Mart. ;-)
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried

Old 13-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Gareee©

"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message

"Gareee©" wrote in message
The guy at Wal-Mart says his mom planted some a few years ago, and they
still have them. (Waynesville NC.) Mine have dark green leaves,and white
flowers.

==============================
I have no idea what the climate is in Waynesville NC. I do know these are
tropical plants and can't tolerate frost. I'm sure you can find

information
on them on the net.

Hint: Be careful whose advice you take at Wal-Mart. ;-)

Why? I have them also do all my brain surgery.....

Old 13-08-2004, 11:20 PM
Gareee©

Went out to take the pics today, and found we now have a small frog
inhabiting our pond now!

Old 13-08-2004, 11:36 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Cool. I always get excited when I see something new/different around the
ponds and I love seeing my little treefrogs where ever I might be working
in the yard. ~ jan

Old 14-08-2004, 04:30 AM
~ Windsong ~

"Gareee©" wrote in message
"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message

"Gareee©" wrote in message
The guy at Wal-Mart says his mom planted some a few years ago, and

they
still have them. (Waynesville NC.) Mine have dark green leaves,and

white
flowers.

==============================
I have no idea what the climate is in Waynesville NC. I do know these

are
tropical plants and can't tolerate frost. I'm sure you can find

information
on them on the net.

Hint: Be careful whose advice you take at Wal-Mart. ;-)

Why? I have them also do all my brain surgery.....

======================
That's what I mean! ;o)
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Madness takes it's toll. Please have exact change ready."
"They laugh because I'm different, I laugh because they're all the same."
http://www.heartoftn.net/users/windsong/index.html

Sweet peas doing well. Too well? Ragnar United Kingdom 1 07-12-2011 05:11 PM
peace lillies Jacqui_08 Gardening 0 20-06-2008 06:27 PM
1yr old pond doing well. Howard Ponds 7 19-09-2004 05:26 PM
1yr old pond doing well. Howard Ponds 0 18-09-2004 10:29 PM
Peace Lillies doing well in our pond... Gareee© Ponds 0 11-08-2004 08:52 PM