Old 22-08-2004, 10:19 PM
Cin1754

Default New plant

I was given an enormous pond plant, and no one seems to know what it is. It
has lily pads that are about 16 inches across, and stand on stems that are
about 3 feet out of the water. My friends says her flowers a beatiful flower
that lasts several days. Any suggestions on where I look to find out about
this plant? I have already been searching on many plant/pond web sites.
Thanks, Cindy
Old 22-08-2004, 11:10 PM
Ka30P

Hi Cindy,

It sounds like a lotus.

kathy :-)
algae primer
Old 23-08-2004, 01:42 AM
Granny Grump

If the lily pads have teeth underneath the edges, it sounds like a
victoria cruziana lily.

Old 23-08-2004, 03:39 AM
how

"Granny Grump" wrote in message
If the lily pads have teeth underneath the edges, it sounds like a
victoria cruziana lily.

Hi,
Victoria leaves definitely float on the surface. They are also night
bloomers and close during the day. http://www.botany.com/victoria.html
I think Ka30P is correct with lotus. Check this link.
http://grail.cs.washington.edu/proje...ts/lotus_m.jpg
HTH -_- how
no NEWS is good