Old 05-09-2004, 05:56 PM
Roy

Default Swimming pool filter, any use for a pond

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 15:02:07 GMT, "Jim Humphries"
wrote:

===Usually there is a lot more filterable material in a pond, expecially if it
===has fish in it. That might make a swimming pool filter much less useful.

Yes, I understand a swimming pool filter does not handle as much in
the line of solid matter as a fish pond filter would, but perhaps
making it into a sort of bio filter or something would work. I'll have
to kick it around for a bit, before I make any firm decisions on what
I will do with it, but another thing comes to mind is a good float for
a fountain head in the middle of my pond. Could ballast it somewhat so
it floats upright, attach a tether or upright pipe to hold the fountai
head, and moore it in place with a concrete block.....
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:26 AM
RichToyBox

The bead filters are mostly just modified swimming pool sand filters. The
infeed is sent to the bottom, rather than the top, and the out feed is taken
from the top. The beads float, so they catch debris on its way up, and are
readily removed by backwashing. Many have installed hot tub blowers to
assist in cleaning the beads, reducing the amount of water required for a
good cleaning. The bead filters are excellent biofilters with tremendous
surface area, and also good mechanical filters. Look at the web pages for
some of the bead filters to see the internal plumbing.
--
RichToyBox
http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/index.html

"Roy" wrote in message
I acquired a pretty decent sized swimming pool filter with the multi
position valve etc on it. Held about 250 pounds of sand. Cleaned it
all up and its like new, but I already scavenged the internal spray or
filter head out of it for my ponds pump, so I have just a big empty
container. Anything like a filter or what have you that I can utilized
it for with my pond? I know a sand filter wold clog up pretty fast
but any other uses perhaps?

Regards