Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2004, 03:16 AM
GoldLexus

Default Fish Mate Pressurized UV+Bio Pond Filter

Has anyone had any experience with the above mentioned filter?
We currently have a Pondfiltration pressurized filter
http://www.pondfiltration.com/pl4800.html that is about 4 years old. We
have put in new filter media this year (not cheap!) We have to take apart
the filter to rinse the bags about once a month not a big deal BUT the
filter is a real pain in the *ss to put together again and NOT have it
leaking somewhere. We want a filter that is easier to clean and wont have
the leaking problems.
Also this filter is not doing a great job at clearing the water. It did
better last year, this year it is struggling to keep the water clear.
BTW do we need to stay with a pressurized system? We have a pretty steep
waterfall, the water is pushed up a 14 ft. incline. We have a submersible
pump, the filter is above water level in a box about 2-3 ft. from the pond.
Here is a link to give you an idea of the incline and postion of everything.
http://public.fotki.com/Nikkiekoala/...llincline.html
We would like an easier filter to deal with than our current one. Other
suggestions besides the Fishmate would be great too.
Thanks!