Old 09-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Derek Broughton

Default I'm baack...

It's been over two years, but I finally have both a newsgroup connection and
pond plans.

It's nice to see that some of the old regulars are still here.

Life goes well here in Nova Scotia. We can't keep the sort of pond I had in
Ontario, given the herons, kingfishers and ospreys (I doubt an osprey is a
real problem for pond fish, but who knows), so there'll be nothing more
than feeder goldfish in it - and I fully expect "feeder" to be the
operative word - but we should be able to manage a 500 gallon above ground
pond, attached to our deck. Filtration will be non-existent, as I live
off-grid, but I'll probably attach a small solar panel for a daytime water
feature.
--
derek
Old 09-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Nedra

DEREK!!! Hi there sweetie. Gosh it is good to see you.
We did disagree on lots of things - remember the Canadian Pond Weed?
LOL I was thinking about you just the other day - one of those floating
throughts that drift in and out of my brain while waiting for the traffic
light
to change ;-)
Good to see you are among us.

Nedra

Old 09-09-2004, 05:49 PM
Ka30P

Wow! Derek!
So glad to see you out there in the wilds
of Eastern Canada!
We missed you.

kathy :-)
algae primer
Old 09-09-2004, 06:35 PM
Bonnie

Welcome home! I don't post much, but I do read regularly.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 09-09-2004, 08:05 PM
Derek Broughton

Nedra wrote:

DEREK!!! Hi there sweetie. Gosh it is good to see you.
We did disagree on lots of things

Well, YEAH! :-) What's life without a good argument?

- remember the Canadian Pond Weed?

Who could forget it.

LOL I was thinking about you just the other day - one of those floating
throughts that drift in and out of my brain while waiting for the traffic
light to change ;-)

My life is full of them - the floating thoughts, that is. I don't have to
face an awful lot of traffic lights these days.

Good to see you are among us.

Thanks everybody for the reception!
--
derek

Old 09-09-2004, 08:33 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Nedra wrote:
We did disagree on lots of things

With Derek, just about every "old" one here could say that. ;o)

Derek replied: Well, YEAH! :-) What's life without a good argument?

They have been fewer,winkwink but a few subjects have gone thru here
that I've thought: "That guy/gal is lucky Derek isn't here." ;o)

Now that we've thoroughly scared the newbies. Welcome back. ) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 09-09-2004, 10:33 PM
Mike Patterson

Welcome back!

Let me know when you're ready and I'll send you a big bag of water
hyacinth.

Mike

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 12:40:18 -0300, Derek Broughton
wrote:

It's been over two years, but I finally have both a newsgroup connection and
pond plans.

It's nice to see that some of the old regulars are still here.

Life goes well here in Nova Scotia. We can't keep the sort of pond I had in
Ontario, given the herons, kingfishers and ospreys (I doubt an osprey is a
real problem for pond fish, but who knows), so there'll be nothing more
than feeder goldfish in it - and I fully expect "feeder" to be the
operative word - but we should be able to manage a 500 gallon above ground
pond, attached to our deck. Filtration will be non-existent, as I live
off-grid, but I'll probably attach a small solar panel for a daytime water
feature.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Old 10-09-2004, 02:19 AM
Derek Broughton

Mike Patterson wrote:

Welcome back!

Let me know when you're ready and I'll send you a big bag of water
hyacinth.

Ah, yes. I used to live 5 miles from the oldest, and arguably best, water
garden nursery in Canada (Moore Water Gardens). And not much further from
two other good ones. Supplies will be much harder to come by in Nova
Scotia.
--
derek

Old 10-09-2004, 02:34 AM