Old 06-09-2004, 01:50 PM
Roy

Default Filter Enzyme question

I noticed there are a lot of companies that sell the so called bio
filter bacteria. I also noticed there are also lots of various enzymes
packaged and advertised. One is supposed to rid tanks of odors and
solids, and another is supposed to rid tanks and ponds of amonia and
nitrites, while yet another is supposed to rid pond of veg matter.

Are there this many enzymes or is it just really a strain of bacteria
that in the process of riding ammonia and nitrites and decayed matter
also remove other unwanted things as well.

What I am getting at is, Will any enzyme product listed for ponds
be suffieicent to seed a bio filter.....
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Filter Enzyme question Roy Ponds 3 07-09-2004 02:59 PM
To filter or not to filter S.Holmes Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 06-09-2003 12:03 AM
need find cheap (or free) good filter medium for my 436 Gallon filter John Ponds 3 09-08-2003 02:38 PM
Filter Pads For Trickle Filter Paul Cimins Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:25 AM
Filter Pads For Trickle Filter Paul Cimins Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 16-03-2003 01:32 AM