GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Squirrel conspiracy (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/84019-squirrel-conspiracy.html)

Bill Stock 24-09-2004 01:16 AM

Squirrel conspiracy

Damn Squirrels, they're stealing all the creek stones from around my pond. I
think they're building a secret fort. Get ready for the squirrel invasion,
it's coming.

Ka30P 24-09-2004 03:50 AM

Bill wrote Damn Squirrels, they're stealing all the creek stones from around
my pond.

That's a new one!! I wonder what the heck they are doing with them?
This summer we watched a chipmunk steal napkins out of a napkin holder and run
off with them. We figured he would have the coziest nest in Oregon this winter.

kathy :-)
algae primer

Bill Stock 24-09-2004 05:10 AM

"Ka30P" wrote in message
Bill wrote Damn Squirrels, they're stealing all the creek stones from

around
my pond.

That's a new one!! I wonder what the heck they are doing with them?
This summer we watched a chipmunk steal napkins out of a napkin holder and

run
off with them. We figured he would have the coziest nest in Oregon this

winter.

We thought they might be using them for their nest, but we aren't sure. I
left a yellow shopvac bag on the porch last year and one squirrel thought it
made fine nest material. We assumed he was an Atlantic squirrel, what with
the bright yellow abode.

kathy :-)
algae primer

Benign Vanilla 24-09-2004 02:26 PM

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
ogers.com...
snip
We thought they might be using them for their nest, but we aren't sure. I
left a yellow shopvac bag on the porch last year and one squirrel thought

it
made fine nest material. We assumed he was an Atlantic squirrel, what with
the bright yellow abode.

snip

Or a Beatles fan?

BV.

Derek Broughton 24-09-2004 02:29 PM

Ka30P wrote:

Bill wrote Damn Squirrels, they're stealing all the creek stones from
around my pond.

That's a new one!! I wonder what the heck they are doing with them?
This summer we watched a chipmunk steal napkins out of a napkin holder and
run off with them. We figured he would have the coziest nest in Oregon
this winter.

I think they probably think they're nuts. Squirrels have _very_ small
brains...
--
derek

Benign Vanilla 24-09-2004 05:46 PM

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Ka30P wrote:

Bill wrote Damn Squirrels, they're stealing all the creek stones from
around my pond.

That's a new one!! I wonder what the heck they are doing with them?
This summer we watched a chipmunk steal napkins out of a napkin holder

and
run off with them. We figured he would have the coziest nest in Oregon
this winter.

I think they probably think they're nuts. Squirrels have _very_ small
brains...

Simply climb the tree...and show 'em yer nuts.

Thank you.
Thank you.
I'll be here until next Thursday. Please remember to tip your server.

BV.

Granny Grump 24-09-2004 06:39 PM

Simply climb the tree...and show 'em yer nuts.

Talk about ambiguity!

hehehe might help to climb the tree nekkid!

Granny Grump 24-09-2004 06:39 PM

zookeeper 24-09-2004 08:42 PM

"Ka30P" wrote in message
Bill wrote Damn Squirrels, they're stealing all the creek stones from

around
my pond.

That's a new one!! I wonder what the heck they are doing with them?
This summer we watched a chipmunk steal napkins out of a napkin holder and

run
off with them. We figured he would have the coziest nest in Oregon this

winter.

We've also watched squirrels carrying away some very strange items:
soda bottle lids
swimming goggle straps
chunks that they gnawed out of purple, orange and green soft styrofoam pool
"noodle" floats
pieces of cardboard boxes and plastic lawn bags
plastic or glass decorative marbles and beads

Would love to see their decorated and insulated nests!!
--
zookeeper
Oregon, USDA Zone 7