Old 25-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Cheryl

Default Fish caught in net

Hi,

We recently put a net over the pond to catch the falling
leaves.Unfortunately the net slipped into the water and was laying on the
water surface in places.One of my little goldfishes somehow got caught in
the net yesterday during the night.
We discovered him in the morning half out of the water-not sure how long he
was like that.
After un hooking him we thought he had already died but after a few moments
swam away.
At feeding today he is very doppy and seems to have damaged himself all down
one side (presume by wriggling to free himself) He seems to stay at the
bottom or sit in the shallows. I really dont think hes gonna last much
longer
Problem is we are off on holiday tomorow night. Our neighbour is going to
feed them for us but im worried if he dies when were away and they leave him
there.. will he distrupt the water quality and harm the others?
Should i take him out before I go away?

Thanks for any advice.

Old 25-09-2004, 10:55 PM
Nedra

Well Gee Whiz! It's always something to keep you from really enjoying
yourself.
I think I'd just ask whoever is doing the pond for you to watch for the
little guy
and take him out if he should pass on. Then you'll have to call them every
night
to see what happened ..... Holy Cow! :O)
Nedra

Old 25-09-2004, 10:59 PM
Cheryl

Its a real shame as hes one of my babies!
I shall be worrying about him all week now

ink.net...

Old 26-09-2004, 08:05 PM

if you got salt in the pond probably be alright. he just gotta get the slime coat
back on before it gets infected. Ingrid

"Cheryl" wrote:

[...]

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 04-10-2004, 04:19 AM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

It is amazing how they can sometimes recover. The one on our pond site that
rubbed off a 2" band of scales and skin has now completely recovered and
appears to have fine scales grown back! Haven't got really close, but it
looks just fine. If yours has made it thru a couple of days, sounds good.
Have a nice break!

Phyllis

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net