Old 30-09-2004, 01:25 AM
mostyn30

Default What Plants

Can anyone tell me what small plants grow in waterfalls in the uk i am
looking for a perinial so i dont have to take it in during the winter,
Also i am looking for some winter plants to put with the summer one's to
give colour all year round.
mostyn.

Old 30-09-2004, 02:03 AM
Crashj

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 00:25:09 GMT, "mostyn30"
wrote:
Can anyone tell me what small plants grow in waterfalls in the uk i am
looking for a perinial so i dont have to take it in during the winter,
Also i am looking for some winter plants to put with the summer one's to
give colour all year round.

Whilst I am certain you will receive advice and encouragement, what
you seek is as elusive as the Grail.
--
Crashj
Old 30-09-2004, 02:12 AM
Ka30P

Watercress is a good waterfall plant.
It takes off but is easy to rip out
when it needs to be reined in.
Mine survives the winter cold, snow, with the
waterfall turned off and loves the 100 degree temps we get here in the summer.
My water hyacinth in the filter did not do well this year (due to the poor
things getting dried out when the pump stopped and increased shade) so the
watercress took up the bulk of the filtering this year and the pond is very
clear.
(And it tastes good too!!)

kathy :-)
algae primer