Old 07-10-2004, 02:12 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default More Protection Urged for Rare Toothfish at CITES

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Environmentalists urged fishing nations Thursday to do
more to protect the rare Patagonian toothfish, dubbed the "white gold" of
the sea which is being driven to extinction by rampant poaching.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...s_toothfish_dc

- or -

http://tinyurl.com/59d9o

BV.

P.S. This article will be archived at
http://www.iheartmypond.com/NewsStor...sh/default.asp.

Old 07-10-2004, 05:04 PM
San Diego Joe

"Benign Vanilla" wrote:

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Environmentalists urged fishing nations Thursday to do
more to protect the rare Patagonian toothfish, dubbed the "white gold" of
the sea which is being driven to extinction by rampant poaching.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...041007/sc_nm/e
nvironment_cites_toothfish_dc

- or -

http://tinyurl.com/59d9o

BV.

P.S. This article will be archived at
http://www.iheartmypond.com/NewsStor...sh/default.asp.

More commonly known as Chilean Sea Bass. I haven't eaten this in years
(sigh, it is very good). I do mention its endangered status at every
restaurant that serves it. Usually they just shrug.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

Oh, wonderful CITES! Reka Orchids 23 18-01-2006 12:17 AM
Could a Non-Profit for gathering genitic samples of orchids get past CITES Jack Orchids 2 21-11-2005 11:54 PM
Paphiopedilum vietnamense and Paphiopedilum hermannii CITES and the EU freeflyer Orchids 4 30-06-2005 07:04 AM
Cites question flosaeris Orchids 9 30-03-2005 07:53 PM
CITES: Dare we hope?? Is this for real???? Reka Orchids 7 31-10-2004 11:32 PM