GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   rosy red minnows (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/85019-rosy-red-minnows.html)

julian doherty 15-10-2004 12:53 PM

rosy red minnows

Can anybody out there tell me where I can buy rosy red minnows? I started breeding these fish three years ago but unfortunatley I lost the lot through disease and I can't for the life of me find anymore. Any pointers or ideas.
Regards Jules

aktgibbs 15-10-2004 01:55 PM

I got mine from the feeder fish tank at Walmart.

"julian doherty" wrote in
message news:1097841693.YkvxtM0HuaQfQ9Tq+iCuQg@teranews...

--
julian doherty

Benign Vanilla 15-10-2004 03:01 PM

"julian doherty" wrote in
message news:1097841693.YkvxtM0HuaQfQ9Tq+iCuQg@teranews...

Can anybody out there tell me where I can buy rosy red minnows? I
started breeding these fish three years ago but unfortunatley I lost
the lot through disease and I can't for the life of me find anymore.
Any pointers or ideas.
Regards Jules

I got mine at PetSmart. But more importantly, you were able to kill them? I
tossed six into my pond two years ago, and I have 100's if not 1000's every
spring.

BV.

Ka30P 15-10-2004 04:16 PM

Rosie red minnows have been banned for sale in my state, Washington. Your local
pet store will know if they are available in your state and you can start from
there.

kathy :-)
zone 7, SE WA state

Crashj 15-10-2004 04:25 PM

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:53:15 +0100, julian doherty
wrote:
Can anybody out there tell me where I can buy rosy red minnows?

USAan pet stores sell them as feeder fish. I dropped four in to cycle
the pond and now I have thousands.

--
Crashj

Gary Woods 15-10-2004 04:29 PM

Crashj wrote:

I dropped four in to cycle
the pond and now I have thousands.

Sounds like a good candidate for my "minnow pond" project. I have a "farm"
pond (In quotes because I'm not a farmer; they have to work too hard)
stocked with large-mouth bass. It was originally also stocked with fathead
minnows, but they seem to have become extinct. The plan is for a smaller
pond upslope a bit to breed minnows to be netted and dumped in the main
one.

bluegill phil 21-10-2004 01:05 AM

This dude has them His website dosent say but I have his catalog and
they are 15c for up to 500 minnows,12c for up to 1000 10c up to 500
8c over 5000
http://www.kens-fishfarm.com/