Old 15-10-2004, 12:53 PM
Registered User

Default rosy red minnows

Can anybody out there tell me where I can buy rosy red minnows? I started breeding these fish three years ago but unfortunatley I lost the lot through disease and I can't for the life of me find anymore. Any pointers or ideas.
Regards Jules
Old 15-10-2004, 01:55 PM
aktgibbs

I got mine from the feeder fish tank at Walmart.

"julian doherty" wrote in
message news:1097841693.YkvxtM0HuaQfQ9Tq+iCuQg@teranews...

--
julian doherty

Old 15-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Benign Vanilla

"julian doherty" wrote in
message news:1097841693.YkvxtM0HuaQfQ9Tq+iCuQg@teranews...

Can anybody out there tell me where I can buy rosy red minnows? I
started breeding these fish three years ago but unfortunatley I lost
the lot through disease and I can't for the life of me find anymore.
Any pointers or ideas.
Regards Jules

I got mine at PetSmart. But more importantly, you were able to kill them? I
tossed six into my pond two years ago, and I have 100's if not 1000's every
spring.

BV.

Old 15-10-2004, 04:16 PM
Ka30P

Rosie red minnows have been banned for sale in my state, Washington. Your local
pet store will know if they are available in your state and you can start from
there.

kathy :-)
zone 7, SE WA state

Old 15-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Crashj

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:53:15 +0100, julian doherty
wrote:
Can anybody out there tell me where I can buy rosy red minnows?

USAan pet stores sell them as feeder fish. I dropped four in to cycle
the pond and now I have thousands.

--
Crashj

Old 15-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Gary Woods

Crashj wrote:

I dropped four in to cycle
the pond and now I have thousands.

Sounds like a good candidate for my "minnow pond" project. I have a "farm"
pond (In quotes because I'm not a farmer; they have to work too hard)
stocked with large-mouth bass. It was originally also stocked with fathead
minnows, but they seem to have become extinct. The plan is for a smaller
pond upslope a bit to breed minnows to be netted and dumped in the main
one.

Old 15-10-2004, 11:52 PM
Phisherman

I bought mine at a sporting goods store. I bought a dozen, now I have
thousands! Excellent fish for mosquito control.

Old 21-10-2004, 01:05 AM
bluegill phil

This dude has them His website dosent say but I have his catalog and
they are 15c for up to 500 minnows,12c for up to 1000 10c up to 500
8c over 5000
http://www.kens-fishfarm.com/

Rosy Red Wendy7 Garden Photos 0 01-12-2009 02:22 AM
Paphiopedilum Rosy Dawn P Max Orchid Photos 0 03-02-2007 04:17 AM
Some rosy questions Zemmy!! Roses 0 11-08-2005 12:28 AM
Rosie red fathead minnows illegal Ka30P Ponds 3 31-05-2004 11:08 PM
Rosy Red Minnows Robert Liles Ponds 1 17-04-2003 12:08 AM