GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   File this under "I Spoke to Soon" (The Heron Cometh) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/85250-file-under-%22i-spoke-soon%22-heron-cometh.html)

Benign Vanilla 20-10-2004 02:41 PM

File this under "I Spoke to Soon" (The Heron Cometh)

The CFO called me in a panic from the basement. I cam running upstairs to
find her and all of the kids gaping out the window. The biggest dern Heron I
have ever seen was sitting on the swing set drooling over the pond. The CFO
was telling the kids to be quiet and keep still, so they wouldn't scare it
away. Nilla the siberian husky pond guardian, 1st brigade and I immediately
lept in to action. Clearly these civilians did not have the capacity to deal
with this threat. Nilla and I ran out of the house employing a series of
blasts from our sonic defense weapons.

In the end we were successful in scaring away the attacker, and in gaining
some useful intel. Apparenly our sonic weapons are effective only at close
range.

BV.

Ka30P 20-10-2004 03:10 PM

Once he sees a pond quite clearly,
comes a heron, snacking, snacking,
Quoth the heron, 'Gimme-more'.

(sorry, every once in a while the urge
to indulge in bad poetry overtakes me)

kathy :-)
3000 gallon pond
800 gallon frog bog
home of the watergardening labradors
zone 7 SE WA state

2pods 20-10-2004 03:49 PM

"Ka30P" wrote in message
Once he sees a pond quite clearly,
comes a heron, snacking, snacking,
Quoth the heron, 'Gimme-more'.

Edgar Allen Pond ?
I'll get my coat.................

Ka30P 20-10-2004 06:14 PM

2pods wrote Edgar Allen Pond ?
I'll get my coat.................

snort! oh, the coffee! oh, the keyboard!

Benign Vanilla 20-10-2004 06:26 PM

"Ka30P" wrote in message
Once he sees a pond quite clearly,
comes a heron, snacking, snacking,
Quoth the heron, 'Gimme-more'.

(sorry, every once in a while the urge
to indulge in bad poetry overtakes me)

I have arial (pun intended) views of my yard, and my pond is very hidden.
This flying rat must have good eye sight.

BV.

Derek Broughton 20-10-2004 06:40 PM

Ka30P wrote:

Once he sees a pond quite clearly,
comes a heron, snacking, snacking,
Quoth the heron, 'Gimme-more'.

(sorry, every once in a while the urge
to indulge in bad poetry overtakes me)

I doubt that. I suspect the urge to bad poetry comes up far more often than
once in a while. Fortunately, you spare _us_ most of the time :-)

(oh, your poooor family...)
--
derek

[email protected] 21-10-2004 04:45 AM

flying dinosaur....

"Benign Vanilla" wrote:
This flying rat must have good eye sight.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Crashj 21-10-2004 03:23 PM

On or about 20 Oct 2004 14:10:23 GMT, EROSPAM (Ka30P)
was seen typing:

Once he sees a pond quite clearly,
comes a heron, snacking, snacking,
Quoth the heron, 'Gimme-more'.

(sorry, every once in a while the urge
to indulge in bad poetry overtakes me)

Very good actually. Now work on gyre and gymbal, and slithy toves.
"My pond is in a wabe"

--
Crashj

Crashj 21-10-2004 03:27 PM

On or about Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:49:24 +0100, "2pods"
was seen typing:

"Ka30P" wrote in message
Once he sees a pond quite clearly,
comes a heron, snacking, snacking,
Quoth the heron, 'Gimme-more'.

Edgar Allen Pond ?
I'll get my coat.................

Watch for this post in alt.humor.best.of.usenet

--
Crashj

Jim and Phyllis Hurley 24-10-2004 12:52 PM

BV,

Too bad on the heron.

Now the big question: Does the heron remember the vocal weapons or the
visual invitation? The answer is important to your fish! Let us know.

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Benign Vanilla 25-10-2004 05:40 PM

"Jim and Phyllis Hurley" wrote in message
. ..
BV,

Too bad on the heron.

Now the big question: Does the heron remember the vocal weapons or the
visual invitation? The answer is important to your fish! Let us know.

snip

He was back again yesterday. I went out with the video camera, and got
within 20 feet of him before he took off. Huge animal, absolutely huge. I
have not yet seen him on the ground or near the pond. he just sits on top of
the swing set and watches.

BV.