GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   who here knows about giardia? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/85556-who-here-knows-about-giardia.html)

Ann in Houston 20-10-2004 02:50 AM

who here knows about giardia?

I was at the vet's the other day and they were treating a Labrador for this
parasite. It supposedly comes from the dog drinking from a natural waterway
where "infected" flukes were present. My fish have never had flukes, but I
wonder if it would hurt our neighbor's dog if he drank water from my pond
and they actually had a case of them before I knew of it. Flukes are bad
enough, but "infected" ones? I wouldn't worry about it, but it just made me
wonder because he is such a nice dog.