Old 20-10-2004, 02:50 AM
Ann in Houston

Default who here knows about giardia?

I was at the vet's the other day and they were treating a Labrador for this
parasite. It supposedly comes from the dog drinking from a natural waterway
where "infected" flukes were present. My fish have never had flukes, but I
wonder if it would hurt our neighbor's dog if he drank water from my pond
and they actually had a case of them before I knew of it. Flukes are bad
enough, but "infected" ones? I wouldn't worry about it, but it just made me
wonder because he is such a nice dog.