GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   should I stop feeding?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/86054-should-i-stop-feeding.html)

WilsonKKW 05-11-2004 06:44 PM

should I stop feeding??

should I stop feeding the fish during winter?
-Kathy

Bob Koerber 05-11-2004 06:54 PM

WilsonKKW wrote:

should I stop feeding the fish during winter?
-Kathy

Most people recommend that you stop when the water temp goes below 55
degrees in the fall.

Bob

Gale Pearce 05-11-2004 07:04 PM

When your pond water temp falls to 50 , don't feed the fish as they can't
digest the food - it will rot or decay in their system causing problems up
to and including death
Gale :~)

Gail Futoran 05-11-2004 07:19 PM

"Bob Koerber" wrote in message
WilsonKKW wrote:

should I stop feeding the fish during winter?
-Kathy

Most people recommend that you stop when the water temp

goes below 55
degrees in the fall.

Bob

I agree with that. However, where I live
the temps can be cold-ish at night, and quite
warm during the day. (I do check water
temperature and not just go by air temp.)
I tend to feed midday if temps are warm and
will remain that way for at least several hours.

You can also switch to a lower protein diet
during fall and spring while temps are
fluctuating.

Gail

---